What's It All About
The SA48HR Film Experience is a local, filmmaking challenge event in the tradition of other 48 Hour Film Events, which are two-day intensive filmmaking experiences.
Teams preregister to participate, and can consist of as many team members as desired. Each team is given specific criteria to incorporate into a film, and then have 48 hours to write, produce, edit, score and master the final film. Films are limited to 8 minutes in running time, and may be shot on any format, but must be delivered on mini-DV.
The rules of this challenge are similar to most other film challenges, and are outlined below.
The SA48HR Experience is a little different that other challenges, in that each year, all films must incorporate a "THEME" into the film. For instance, the theme may be "FAMILY FILMS" or "BEST OF FRIENDS", and must include some aspects of that theme in the project.
- Each team must preregister, and pay the $35.00 registration fee (payable to SALSA.NET)
- Each team must send at least one representative to the initial Friday 7:00 PM event to receive instructions and film criteria.
- Each team will draw for the following criteria:
o LINE OF DIALOGUE
o LOCATION *
- Each team will then leave to begin writing, producing and editing their film
- After production, all teams must deliver a completed film to the Challenge HQ, by 8:00 PM the Sunday of the event. No films will be accepted after the deadline.
- Films will be judged by a 5-member panel, consisting of local industry veterans, critics, or media educators.
- Awards will be presented at a screening following the weekend event.
All films submitted will also be available online at www.SA48HR.com the week following the event.
* The SA48HR Film Experience is unique in that most other film challenges do not assign specific locations for each film. This year, locations will be assigned from a general list, such as "deserted highway", "historic neighborhood", "public art", or other location styles that will show off what great locations we have right here in San Antonio.